Castle Wolfenstein Free Download (1981 game) – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of Castle Wolfenstein on PC.
Castle Wolfenstein Overview
Castle Wolfenstein is a stealth-based action-adventure shooter game set in World War II. The game’s main objective is to traverse the levels of the castle to find the secret war plans and escape alive. Progressively higher military ranks are earned upon each successful escape with the war plans, and the game becomes correspondingly more difficult as each higher rank is achieved. There are eight ranks, beginning with Private and culminating at the rank of Field Marshal.
The game is played from a top-down perspective, though the characters are seen upright like in a side-scroller. The player traverses the levels by sneaking past, impersonating, and sometimes even killing Nazi soldiers. Castle Wolfenstein can be controlled with a joystick, paddles, or a keyboard.
Upon starting the game, the player is equipped with a gun and ammunition, which were taken from a dead guard. Once the player starts moving, he attracts the attention of the guards, who will try to shoot or apprehend him. He must either run from the guards, or kill them.
There are two styles of guards, the basic guards, and the SS Stormtroopers who wear bullet-proof vests marked with the SS insignia. The basic guards are not very intelligent, reacting only to the sounds of gunshots and grenades, or after seeing the player wandering around without a uniform, and will gladly walk their patrol paths into your raised gun and surrender to a search. Additionally, they are unable to leave the rooms they are stationed in. The SS guards are much smarter and, once alerted, tend to chase the player from room to room. They require a large number of rounds or a grenade to kill.
How to Download and Install Castle Wolfenstein
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Castle Wolfenstein” folder to your desktop.
- Install the software called DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBoxon your desktop.
- Open the “Castle Wolfenstein” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “CW.exe” on top of the DOSBox shortcut.
- The game should now launch in DOSBox
- Enjoy the game!
Castle Wolfenstein PC Download
About the download
- This is the DOS version of Castle Wolfenstein released in 1984.
Castle Wolfenstein System Requirements
- A computer that can run DOSBox