The titular character Duke Nukem is back at it again with this third installation in the Duke Nukem game series. This classic game is a first person shooter (fps) that was created and published by the company 3D Realms in 1996.
Duke Nukem 3D Overview
There are 28 levels spread through 3 episodes in the original version of this game. A feature that was very unique for a game in 1996, is that the player is actually placed in the role of Duke, the hypermasculine action hero.
The sequel of the game series see Duke back on Earth fighting aliens that have taken over the planet and gotten rid of the men leaving the world in shambles. Not only is there shooting action to advance within the game, but there are also a few puzzles to solve, some of which lead to secret levels. This game also incorporates 3 multiplayer modes, which allows the player and a friend to engage in Dukematch (a fight to the death), Co-operative (playing the singleplayer levels together), and Duke Tag (capture the flag).
The game is set in the early 21st century and takes place in visually diverse locations. Some of these settings include Los Angeles and moon/space bases. In terms of weapons, there are an assorted lot the player can choose from to defeat the aliens and the boss enemies. The melee weapon the “Mighty Foot,” the pistol, a chaingun cannon, pipe bombs, and shrinking and freeze guns are just some the awesome weapons that are available for use.
If you like playing classic fps games with a rad action hero that fights aliens in fascinating locations with awesome weapons, then Duke Nukem 3D is the game for you!
How to Download and Install Duke Nukem 3D
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (usually a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
Duke Nukem 3D Download
Password is: oldgamesdownload.com
Duke Nukem 3D System Requirements
- CPU: 486DX2/66
- RAM: 16Mb of memory
- GPU: 8 megabytes of memory and VGA graphics
- Sound: The following sound cards/devices are optionally supported for music: Gravis UltraSound, Sound Blaster (all of them), SoundMan16, Pro Audio Spectrum, SoundScape, Waveblaster, Sound Canvas, Adlib, and General MIDI. The following sound cards/devices are optionally supported for sound effects: Sound Blaster (all of them), Gravis UltraSound, SoundMan16, Pro Audio Spectrum, SoundScape, Disney/Tandy Sound Sources. There is no support for the PC Speaker.
- Resolution: For the SVGA modes, a VESA compliant video card is required. Please see your video card’s manual for info on how to find out if your card is VESA compliant. If yours is not VESA compliant, you will need to use a software driver to provide this compliance.
- Recommended peripheral: For game play, the following devices are optionally supported: Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick, Gravis Gamepad.
Duke Nukem 3D Screenshots