|Developers||EA Canada, EA Seattle|
Released on November 6, 1997 in the United States and February 2, 1998 in Japan and Europe, the special edition of Need for Speed II includes one extra race track, three extra cars, three bonus cars, a new driving style called “Wild”, and 3dfx Glide hardware acceleration support.
Download Need for Speed II: Special Edition
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Need for Speed II: Special Edition is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Need for Speed II SE” folder to your desktop.
- Download and then install the file called nGlide from here.
- Open the “Need for Speed II SE” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Right click on the file called “PatchInstall.bat” and then select “Run as administrator.”
- Right click on the file called “nfs2sea”, go to “Properties” and then “Compatibility” and select Windows 7. Also check the box which says “Run as an administrator”.
- Launch the game by double clicking on “nfs2sea.exe”
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes