The Battle for Middle-earth Free Download (2004 game) – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of The Battle for Middle-earth, also known as BFME or BFME 1 on PC.
|Developers||EA Los Angeles|
The Battle for Middle-earth Overview
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth is a real-time strategy video game developed by EA Los Angeles for Microsoft Windows. It was released in December 6, 2004 and is based on Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, in turn based on J. R. R. Tolkien’s original novel.
In BFME, warring factions gather resources, then use them to construct military bases and armies on-site. In The Battle for Middle-earth, buildings may only be constructed on the building slots of predefined plots. Plots range from farmhouses to full-fledged castles, with different slot arrangements and available buildings, and plots can be purchased when they’re in the sole presence of a side’s forces. The only resource are the nebulous “resources,” which are produced inexhaustibly in dedicated buildings. Four factions on two sides wage the War of the Ring: Representing the Free Peoples are the horse-lords of Rohan, and Gondor with its forges and battlements. The Forces of Darkness are the fighting Uruk-hai of Isengard, and Mordor’s orc hordes, bolstered by Haradrim, Mûmakil and Trolls.
How to Download and Install The Battle for Middle-earth
Text tutorial (if you prefer reading)
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “The Battle for Middle-earth” folder to your desktop.
- Open the “The Battle for Middle-earth” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Run the “Setup.exe” file and the game setup should launch. On higher resolution screens, you might not be able to see the full setup. In this case you can just press “Enter” on your keyboard to complete the setup. BFME 1 should begin installing on your computer.
- Once the game is installed, you can run the game from the desktop shortcut.
- Enjoy the game!
Video tutorial (if you prefer watching)
The Battle for Middle-earth PC Download
About the download
- This is the online version of The Battle for Middle-earth game released in 2004. No virtual drives are needed – just run the setup and the game should install.
The Battle for Middle-earth System Requirements
- CPU: Pentium III or Athlon
- CPU SPEED: 1.3 GHz
- RAM: 256 MB
- OS: Windows 2000/XP
- VIDEO CARD: 32 MB or greater DirectX 9.0b compatible supported AGP video card (GeForce2+ / Radeon 7500+)
- TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 32 MB
- 3D: Yes
- HARDWARE T&L: Yes
- DIRECTX VERSION: 9.0b (included on disk)
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 4 GB