Chip’s Challenge (1989 game) – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of Chip’s Challenge.
|Developers||Atari, U.S. Gold, Epyx, Microsoft Home|
Chip’s Challenge Description
Chip’s Challenge is a top-down tile-based puzzle video game originally published in 1989 by Epyx as a launch title for the Atari Lynx. It was later ported to several other systems and was included in the Windows 3.1 bundle Microsoft Entertainment Pack 4 (1992), and the Windows version of the Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack (1995), where it found a much larger audience. The original game was designed by developer Chuck Sommerville, who also made about a third of the levels. Most of the conversions from the Atari Lynx original to other formats were carried out by Images Software in the UK.
Download Chip’s Challenge
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Chip’s Challenge is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows 10)
- Click on the download button above. It should redirect you to your download (a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Chips_Challenge_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “Chips_Challenge_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “CHIPS” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
Chip’s Challenge System Requirements
- HDD: 186 KB
- Other: A computer that can run DOSBox