Dark Colony is a real-time strategy video game developed by GameTek Canada (a subsidiary of Alternative Reality Technology, which in turn was a subsidiary of GameTek) and published by Strategic Simulations. The game was released for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS in August 1997.
Download Dark Colony
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Dark Colony is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows 10
- Download and Extract Dark_Colony_Win_ROM_EN.7z
- Mount Dark Colony.mdf to an empty virtual drive (note down the drive which you mount the file to).
- Open the mounted drive and drag the folder called “DC” onto your desktop.
- Inside the “DC” folder, right click the file called “HBNFUFL.ao1” and select “edit with notepad”. The notepad file will have the letter “d”. Change the letter to whichever drive you have mounted the game ROM to (e.g. D:/ or F:/ or G:/ etc.)
- Right click DC16.exe and go to the compatibility tab. Select it to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and check “Run as administrator”. Click “Apply” then “Ok”
- Play the game by launching DC16.exe