Dune is a 1992 adventure strategy video game, based upon Frank Herbert’s science fiction novel of the same name. Developed by Cryo and published by Virgin Games, Dune blends adventure with economic and military strategy. Loosely following the story of the novel, the game casts the player as Paul Atreides, with the ultimate goal of driving the Harkonnen from Planet Dune, while managing spice extraction, military, and later, ecology through the native Fremen tribes.
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Dune is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Dune_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “Dune_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “DUNEPRG” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!