|Publishers||Cryo Interactive, DreamCatcher Interactive|
Frank Herbert’s Dune is a 2001 3D video game based on the 2000 Sci Fi Channel miniseries of the same name. The game was not a commercial or critical success, and was one of the last games by Cryo Interactive, which went bankrupt shortly after the game’s failure.
As Paul, the son of the Duke Atreides’s concubine and heir to the throne, the player must earn the trust and respect from the natives of the desert planet Dune, the Fremen, to ultimately become their prophesied messiah and free them from the desolate conditions of the planet. Done that, there still is the evil Baron Harkonnen to overcome; he, with covert backup from the Emperor, had slaughtered the Atreides family. The story behind each mission is accurate to the novels, though taking place during the two-year span in the 1965 novel Dune when Paul gains the trust of the Fremen.
Download Frank Herbert’s Dune
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Frank Herbert’s Dune is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (Frank_Herberts_Dune_Windows.zip). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Emperor_Battle_for_Dune_Windows.zip” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the folder called “Game Files” and in there, you want to mount the file called “DUNE” to any empty virtual disc. To do this, you will need to download a software such as PowerISO or Daemon Tools (right click on the file and there you should see your options to mount the file).
- Once you have the file mounted, run the game setup. Install the game (you can leave everything at default).
- To launch the game, simply double click on the game icon on your desktop, or go into the game installation directory and double click on the file called “dune.exe”.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
- Help us preserve history: We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.