Jones in the Fast Lane is a life simulation game developed and published by Sierra Entertainment in 1990. The objective of the game is to attain certain amounts of money, happiness, status, and education. The exact amounts needed are defined by the player(s) when the game begins. The game’s name and goals are a play on the concept of keeping up with the Joneses.
Download Jones in the Fast Lane
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Jones in the Fast Lane is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Download the DOS emulator, DOSBox, and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Download the “Jones_in_the_Fast_Lane_DOS.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “Jones in the Fast Lane_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need to use a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “Jones_in_the_Fast_Lane_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “sciv256.exe” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit one by contacting us here.