Lemmings (1991 game) – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of Lemmings on PC.
Lemmings is a puzzle-platformer video game originally developed by DMA Design and published by Psygnosis for the Amiga in 1991 and later ported for numerous other platforms. The game was programmed by Mike Dailly and David Jones, and was inspired by a simple animation that Dailly created while experimenting with Deluxe Paint.
The objective of the game is to guide a group of anthropomorphised lemmings through a number of obstacles to a designated exit. To save the required number of lemmings to win, one must determine how to assign a limited number of eight different skills to specific lemmings that allow the selected lemming to alter the landscape, to affect the behaviour of other lemmings, or to clear obstacles to create a safe passage for the rest of the lemmings.
Lemmings was one of the best-received video games of the early 1990s. It was the second-highest rated game in the history of Amstrad Action, and was considered the eighth-greatest game of all time by Next Generation in 1996. Lemmings is also one of the most widely ported and best-selling video games, and is estimated to have sold around 20 million copies between its various ports. The popularity of the game also led to the creation of several sequels, remakes and spin-offs, and has also inspired similar games.
How to Download and Install Lemmings
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Lemmings” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download the software called DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “Lemmings” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “lemvga” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
DOS Version (1991)
Lemmings System Requirements
- HDD: 670 KB
- A computer that can run DOSBox