Sid Meier’s Civilization is a turn-based strategy 4X video game created by Sid Meier and Bruce Shelley for MicroProse in 1991. The game’s objective is to “Build an empire to stand the test of time”: it begins in 4000 BC and the players attempt to expand and develop their empires through the ages from the ancient era until modern and near-future times.
Download Sid Meier’s Civilization
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Sid Meier’s Civilization is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
Text instructions if you prefer reading:
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Sid Meier’s Civilization” folder to your desktop.
- Download the software DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox on your desktop.
- Open the “Sid Meier’s Civilization” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Find the icon called “civ”, and drag it on top of the DOSBox icon which you have on your desktop. The game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!