SimFarm: SimCity’s Country Cousin is a video game in which players build and manage a virtual farm. It was developed by Maxis and released in 1993 as a spin-off of SimCity. Mirroring duties on a real farm, SimFarm puts players in charge of building up the land, placing the buildings, buying and selling livestock and planting crops. A weather and season system are in place as well, presenting the same kind of challenges found in a real-world farm. As with SimCity, there are disasters that can wreak havoc on the player’s farm. Tornadoes, droughts, pests, and dust storms are some of the events that can disrupt farm crops and harvests.
We might have the game available for more than one platform. SimFarm is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “SimFarm_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “SimFarm_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “SIMFARM” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit one by contacting us here.