SimLife: The Genetic Playground is a video game produced by Maxis in 1992. The concept of the game is to simulate an ecosystem; players may modify the genetics of the plants and animals that inhabit the virtual world. The point of this game is to experiment and create a self-sustaining ecosystem.
We might have the game available for more than one platform. SimLife is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “SimLife_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “SimLife_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “sml” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!