Streets of SimCity is a 1997 racing and vehicular combat computer game published by Maxis. One of the game’s main attractions was the ability to explore any city created in SimCity 2000 by car in a cinematic style. The game, like SimCopter, is in full 3D and the player’s vehicle can be controlled using a keyboard, a joystick, or a gamepad. Another notable feature is the game’s network mode, in which players can play deathmatches with up to seven other individuals. Notably, it’s the last Maxis game to be developed and released without supervision by Electronic Arts, which acquired Maxis in the two months leading up to release and assisted development of Maxis games thereafter.
Download Streets of SimCity
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Streets of SimCity is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- The game is already pre-installed so you just have to download it and then you can start playing straight away.
- Download the “Streets_of_SimCity_Windows.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “Streets_of_SimCity_Windows” folder to your desktop. You will need to use a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “Streets_of_SimCity_Windows” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Double click on the file called “STREETS.EXE” and your game should now launch.
- Enjoy the game!
For problems launching the game:
Right click on “STREETS.EXE” and click on properties. Go to the “Compatibility” tab and then:
- Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and then select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” in the drop down menu.
- Check the box “Reduced Color Mode” and in the drop-down menu, select 8-bit (256 color)
- Check the box “Run in 640×480 screen resolution”
- Check the “Run as an administrator”
- And then click on “Apply” and then click on “Okay”. Now, launch the game by double clicking on the game icon.
Additional files, patches and fixes
Streets of SimCity Screenshots