Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets! (1993 game) – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets!.
|Publishers||The Learning Company|
|Developers||The Learning Company|
Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets! Description
Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets is an educational science computer game designed by The Learning Company. It is intended to teach children between the ages of 7 and 12 introductory mechanics, namely simple machines, magnets, basic electronics, and forms of energy. The original game is compatible with computers running DOS 3.3 or higher and a later CD release added Windows 95 and Macintosh compatibility. A popular game through 1997, The Learning Company, then incorporated with Brøderbund, discontinued Gizmos & Gadgets in 1998. Riverdeep eventually obtained the rights and re-released it in some of the “Adventure Workshop” collections.
The objective of the game is to win 15 races in different vehicles against Morty Maxwell at the Shady Glen Technology Center. This is done by moving the Super Solver (who has no facial features) around a series of warehouses to collect vehicle parts by solving puzzles involving principles of physics.
There are 15 races; five races in each of three categories, automotive, alternative energy, and aircraft. The races get progressively harder and the vehicles more complex as the player nears the fifth race in each category.
- Super Solver – The Super Solver is the user-controlled main character. The user moves the Super Solver around warehouses collecting parts that are used to build the vehicles. The Super Solver goes by the user’s name, but not the actual voice of the user of him or herself in the 1997 version.
- Morty Maxwell – The game’s antagonist. He battles the Super Solver in all 15 races.
- Cyberchimps – Morty’s henchmen. They hang around the warehouse and if the player runs into them they steal one of the parts. The only way to stop them is to throw bananas at them, causing them to sleep and relinquish any part(s) they have taken.
Download Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets!
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets! is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows 10)
- Click on the download button above. It should redirect you to your download (a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Super_Solvers_Gizmos_and_Gadgets_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Download DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Open the “Super Solvers Gizmos Gadgets_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “ssg” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
- Important: We are looking for the game manual for Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets!, if you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit a copy by contacting us here.
Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets! System Requirements
- HDD: 1.16 MB
- Other: A computer that can run DOSBox