The Amazon Trail is an educational computer game created by MECC. It was inspired by the popularity of The Oregon Trail, featuring the areas surrounding the Amazon River and some of its tributaries. In this 2-D adventure, the player is asked to set out on a journey up the Amazon, hoping to make it to the lost Inca village of Vilcabamba. Along the way, the player learns about the people who live on and use the river for their survival.
Download The Amazon Trail
We might have the game available for more than one platform. The Amazon Trail is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Download the DOS emulator, DOSBox, and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Download the “The Amazon Trail_DOS.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “The Amazon Trail_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need to use a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “The Amazon Trail_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “AMAZON.EXE” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit one by contacting us here.