MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries was a video game released in September 1996 as a stand-alone expansion to MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat and the last BattleTech game made by Activision. In this game, the player takes control of an Inner Sphere mercenary squad, with control over finances and free choice of missions.
Download MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries
We might have the game available for more than one platform. MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries” folder to your desktop.
- Download the software called DOSBox and then launch DOSBox.
- Open the folder called “Game Files” and then move the file DOSMERCS to your disc drive C://
- In DOSBox, write the following lines of code:mount c c:/DOSMERCS/MERCS [press enter] imgmount d c:/DOSMERCS/MERCENARIES_DOSWIN.CUE -t iso [press enter] c: [press enter] MERCS
- The game should now automatically launch in DOSBox
- Enjoy the game!
This download is for the MS-DOS version of MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries is unfortunately quite incompatible with most modern computers and it is quite difficult to make it work on most systems (DOSBox coding needed, which we’ve written above). We have given you the MS-DOS version of the game which must be mounted in DOSBox. You can find more information/instructions at the Mech2 community forums at http://www.mech2.org/
Additional files, patches and fixes
MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries Screenshots