|Developers||Gray Design Associates|
Nitemare 3D (N3D) is a first-person shooter video game with a horror theme, released by Gray Design Associates in 1994 for DOS and Windows 3.x platforms. It consisted of three episodes with ten levels in each episode, with the first episode being released as shareware. The full release came on two 3½” floppy disks and was accompanied by a guide to the game’s thirty levels. According to David P. Gray himself, the game is the first pixelated Windows game to use the WinG interface.
Download Nitemare 3D
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Nitemare 3D is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- Download the DOS emulator, DOSBox, and put a shortcut for DOSBox onto your desktop.
- Download the “Nitemare 3D_DOS.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “Nitemare 3D_DOS” folder to your desktop. You will need to use a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “Nitemare 3D_DOS” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Drag the file called “N3D.EXE” on top of the DOSBox icon and the game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit one by contacting us here.