SimPark is a 1996 video game by Maxis. The object of the game is to cultivate and manage a successful park. Similar to SimTown, it is targeted more towards children than the average player. SimPark attempts to show the importance of ecological balance. It could well be considered a ‘lite’ version of SimIsle. Players have to quickly learn how doing (or not doing) various things will affect how their park grows. For instance, if certain flower types aren’t planted, the park won’t attract bees. If the bees aren’t flying around the park, then pollination won’t occur, which is an important aspect of keeping the park growing. On top of properly managing the plant and animal population, players are also required to identify the park’s plants and animals.
We might have the game available for more than one platform. SimPark is currently available on these platforms:
Text instructions (how to play on Windows)
- The game is already pre-installed so you just have to download it and then you can start playing straight away.
- Download the “SimPark_Windows.zip” file from the link above. Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the “SimPark_Windows” folder to your desktop. You will need to use a software such as WinRAR to do this.
- Open the extracted “SimPark_Windows” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Double click on the file called “SIMPARK.EXE” and your game should now launch.
- Enjoy the game!
Additional files, patches and fixes
We are looking for the game manual for this game. If you think you can help us locate a copy, please don’t hesitate to submit one by contacting us here.