StarCraft is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment and released for Microsoft Windows on March 31, 1998. The game later spawned a franchise, and is the first game of the StarCraft series.
We might have the game available for more than one platform. StarCraft is currently available on these platforms:
Starcraft 1 was officially released by Blizzard as freeware in 2017. This is the official Blizzard download for the game, which allows you to play on battle.net as well.
How to play on Windows
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “Sarcraft_Battlenet_Win_Setup_EN” folder to your desktop.
- Open the “Sarcraft_Battlenet_Win_Setup_EN” folder and then double click on the StarCraft-Setup.exe file to launch the game setup. Click on install.
- Blizzard will start installing on your computer – note that you will need to create a Blizzard account and login to play this.
- Login, and click on “install” for Starcraft to begin installing.
- Once it’s finished installing, click on “Play” and the game should launch.
- Enjoy the game!