The Oregon Trail is a computer game developed by the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC) and first released in 1985. It was designed to teach students about the realities of 19th-century pioneer life on the Oregon Trail.
Download The Oregon Trail
We might have the game available for more than one platform. The Oregon Trail is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download (a .rar file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “The Oregon Trail” folder to your desktop.
- Download the software DOSBox and put a shortcut for DOSBox on your desktop.
- Open the “The Oregon Trail” folder and then open the “Game Files” folder.
- Find the file called “OREGON”, and drag it on top of the DOSBox icon which you have on your desktop.
- The game should now launch in DOSBox.
- Enjoy the game!