The Sims 2 is a 2004 strategic life simulation video game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to The Sims. The game has the same concept as its predecessor: players control their Sims in various activities and form relationships in a manner similar to real life.
Download The Sims 2
We might have the game available for more than one platform. The Sims 2 is currently available on these platforms:
Windows (2014) – The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
How to play on Windows
- Make sure you have uninstalled all older version of The Sims 2 games, including registry entries, and make sure there is no “EA Games” folder in your Documents folder (if you do then delete it). Also make sure that you disable your antivirus before installing the game.
- Click on the download button and download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.rar
- Extract the “The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection” folder to your desktop. If you don’t know how to extract files, see this article: https://oldgamesdownload.com/wiki/install-games-on-windows/
- Open the folder called “Game Files” found inside of the extracted folder and double click on the Setup.exe file. Click on install and wait for the game to finish installing.
- Go into the Redist folder and install “dxwebsetup.exe” by double clicking on it and going through the setup.
- There will now be a Sims 2 icon on your desktop! Right click it and select run as administrator to run the game (always run the game as an administrator).
- Enjoy the game!
About this download
- This is a repack of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and includes almost all game’s expansion and stuff packs (a few packs are missing such as IKEA Home Stuff)
- The first time you open the game, it will take some time to start and you might see a black screen for a while. It will also skip the intro video, please be patient, next time it will launch quickly!
- Change ‘Shadows’ from high to either low or medium through the ingame graphics options , otherwise a black square will appear underneath your Sims instead of indoor shadows…
- If you can’t change the resolution of the game from 800×600 to another, read ‘Resolution change.txt’ textfile provided in the “Game Files” folder. If they are asking you for administrator permission, then move the file to your desktop, make the changes and then drag it back to its original folder.
How to play on Windows
- Download and Extract The_Sims_2_Win_ISO_EN.zip
- Mount The Sims 2.iso – if you don’t know how to mount files, refer to this article: https://oldgamesdownload.com/wiki/install-games-on-windows/
- Open the mounted file and run “setup.exe”
- When asked to insert a CD key, open “Serial Key.txt” in the downloaded folder and use one of the keys found there
- Once the installation has completed, open the “NoCD” folder and copy/paste “Sims2.exe” from the NoCD folder into the folder you installed the game. By default this will be “C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin”. When prompted, you must confirm that you want to replace the files in the destination
- Right click on “Sims2.exe” and select “Run as administrator”
- Play the game