The Sims 2 is a 2004 strategic life simulation video game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to The Sims. The game has the same concept as its predecessor: players control their Sims in various activities and form relationships in a manner similar to real life.
Download The Sims 2
We might have the game available for more than one platform. The Sims 2 is currently available on these platforms:
Windows (2004) – The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
How to play on Windows
Text instructions if you prefer reading:
- Make sure you have uninstalled all older version of The Sims 2 games, including registry entries, and make sure there is no “EA Games” folder in your Documents folder (if you do then delete it). Also make sure that you disable your antivirus before installing the game.
- Click on the download button. It should redirect you to your download (usually a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the “The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection” folder to your desktop.
- Open the folder called “Game Files” found inside of the extracted folder and double click on the Setup.exe file. Click on install and wait for the game to finish installing.
- Go into the Redist folder and install “dxwebsetup.exe” by double clicking on it and going through the setup.
- There will now be a Sims 2 icon on your desktop! Right click it and select run as administrator to run the game (always run the game as an administrator).
- Enjoy the game!
About this download
- This is the full version of The Sims 2 on PC and includes all of the game’s expansion packs and stuff packs.
- The first time you open the game, it will take some time to start and you might see a black screen for a while. It will also skip the intro video, please be patient, next time it will launch quickly!
- Change ‘Shadows’ from high to either low or medium through the ingame graphics options , otherwise a black square will appear underneath your Sims instead of indoor shadows…
- If you can’t change the resolution of the game from 800×600 to another, read ‘Reolution change.txt’ textfile provided in the “Game Files” folder.