GTA 2 Free Download – This page will show you how to download and install the full version of Grand Theft Auto 2 on PC.
|Developers||DMA Design, Tarantula Studios|
Grand Theft Auto 2 Overview
Grand Theft Auto 2 is an action-adventure video game developed by DMA Design and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 30 September 1999 for Microsoft Windows, and on 22 October 1999 for the PlayStation, followed by Dreamcast and Game Boy Color releases in 2000.
Grand Theft Auto 2 is set in an unspecified time in a retrofuturistic metropolis referred to only as “Anywhere, USA”, but the game’s manual and website use the phrase “three weeks into the future”;fictional journal entries on the Grand Theft Auto 2 website suggest the year to be 2013, but rather the in-game references suggest the game to be set in 1999.
The city is split into three levels, or “districts”. The first level, Downtown, is a hub of business activity as well as the site of a large mental institution and university. The second area, the Residential District, contains the city’s prison, a trailer park with an Elvis Presley-themed bar dubbed “Disgracelands”, a reference to Presley’s mansion Graceland, a shopping mall, and a giant hydroelectric power plant. The third and final area is the Industrial District; it holds a large seaport, a meat packing plant, a Nuclear Power Plant and a Krishna temple.
There are a total of seven fictional criminal gangs, some named after real life gangs or groups, in the game: the Zaibatsu, a corrupt corporation, is present in all three areas. The Downtown area is also home to the Loonies, a gang of mentally ill people who have taken over the city asylum, and the Yakuza. In the Residential area, the gangs include SRS Scientists and the Rednecks, who live in a trailer park and drive around in pick-ups with large Confederate flags. The Industrial area contains the Russian Mafia and the Hare Krishna. Each gang has their own special characteristics, car, and behaviour.
How to Download and Install Grand Theft Auto 2
Text instructions if you prefer reading:
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (usually a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the downloaded files to your desktop. You want to run the setup.exe file and then go through the setup steps. At the end of the installation, make sure you check the “Launch GTA2 Manager” and then click on “Finish”.
- GTA2 Manager will now launch. Go to the “video” tab and you want to change the resolution to the optimal resolution for your monitor (you can leave this at default if your not sure, it can be changed later).
- Click on “GTA2” to launch the game
- Play the game!
- To create a game shortcut on your desktop, go into the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA2 then right click the application file called “gta2”, go to “send to” and then select “desktop”. You can now launch the game by double clicking the icon on your desktop.
Video tutorial if you prefer watching and listening:
Grand Theft Auto 2 Download
Grand Theft Auto 2 System Requirements
- CPU: Pentium 200 MHz or above
- RAM: 32 Mb RAM
- GPU: 3D acceleration with 8 Mb RAM
- DX: DirectX 6.1
- OS: Windows 95/98
- Store: 70 Mb of free hard disk space
- Sound: Sound card (3D sound card optional)
- Resolution: SVGA color monitor
- ODD: 4 speed CD-Rom
- Network: Multiplayer: LAN (IPX & TCP/IP) 4 players plus Internet (via DirectPlay)
- Recommended peripheral: Keyboard