|Publishers||BMG Interactive, ASC Games, Rockstar Games|
|Developers||DMA Design, Tarantula Studios|
Grand Theft Auto is an action-adventure video game developed by DMA Design and published by BMG Interactive. It was first released in Europe and North America in October 1997 for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows.
Download Grand Theft Auto
We might have the game available for more than one platform. Grand Theft Auto is currently available on these platforms:
How to play on Windows
Text instructions if you prefer reading:
- Click on the download button below. It should redirect you to your download (usually a .zip file). Make sure you download the file properly and that your internet does not disconnect while downloading.
- Extract the downloaded files to your desktop
- Run the “setup” file and leave everything at default. Go through the setup steps.
- One the installation is complete, it should automatically open a new folder for you. In that folder, you want to double click on the file which is caled “Update Registry” and confirm that you want to update your registry.
- Next, you want to go to the installation directory of the game – this will be (at default) found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Grand Theft Auto.
- Open the file called “winsettings.bat” and then just press on “OK” (you don’t have to change any of the settings except if you want to – here is also where you can change the in-game controls).
- Double click on the folder called “gtawin” and click on the file called “gtawin.exe” – this will have an American flag as its icon. It will seem like it did nothing but this will fix many issues in the game.
- Go back to the installation directory and double click on gtawin.bat file – this is your game launcher and how you can play the game. You can create a shortcut of that file on your desktop.
- Enjoy the game!